These are the results of our vinegar experiment. It is useable and we have a lot of mother of vinegar as well.
I did some research and found that I needed to cover it in the fridge to store it, which I did. I also re-strained it because there was more “mother” in the vinegar. I then covered the mother with some of the vinegar and put it back in the fridge.
This was what was suggested by the info I found online.
If you look back at the pictures in my last post about vinegar, you can see there is a definite change in colour of the liquid. It has darkened quite a bit. Also, it seems that all of the vinegar is continually producing mother of vinegar if left long enough, which is OK from what I have learned.
I ended up with two cups of useable vinegar. Right now I am giving it to the dogs by the teaspoon with their meals, as it has benefits for them as well.
All in all the vinegar experiment was successful and I am looking forward to making a larger batch next year.
MAKE YOUR OWN STUFF!!